Y.O.U., Inc.’s mentoring program provides one-on-one mentors that serve as role models for young people in Worcester County. They are the only mentoring program that works with at-risk youth and court-involved children. They are in need of mentors.
This is an opportunity to make a very real difference in a young person’s life.
From Y.O.U. Inc.
- Studies show that children who are mentored are:
- 46% less likely than peers to start using illegal drugs;
- 27% less likely to start drinking alcohol;
- 52% less likely to skip a day of school;
- more trusting of their parents or guardians;
- less likely to lie to their parents or guardians;
- more supported and less criticized by peers and friends.
Mentors at Y.O.U., Inc. must be at least 18 years old, have interest in and sensitivity to the needs and issues of at risk youth. You will need to be able to commit 2-6 hours a week for at least 6 months to a year.
Call Jiselle Velazquez or Elizabeth Masterman at (508) 770-0511 Ext.123
Email us at VelazquezJ@youinc.org or MastermanE@youinc.org
172 Lincoln St. Worcester, MA 01605 / www.youinc.org / (508)770- 0511 ext.123